Monday, June 7, 2010

It's just another manic Monday

Today, we get to the office and there is a new Shih Tzu poking his cute little face out. Ellie got to say hello and was very pleased to meet him. Then we continued about our day.

Mid-morning rolls around and we are told to switch desks (something I had been anticipating) but this was very stressful to poor Ellie.

I put her outside; she stood at the glass door and whined.

I put her in a co-worker's office; she stood at the gate and whined.

Finally, I was able to sit down at my new desk for a few minutes, giving Ellie some peace and rest, until I was suddenly alerted to the fact that I needed to take a short trip to pick up some things with a co-worker. I gently left Ellie a treat and snuck out of my new workspace.

When I returned, I saw Ellie poking around outside (in the enclosed area) which let me know that she did not do well at my desk. She cried and cried and cried. (I feel bad for disrupting others!)

But now I've been back at the desk for a few hours and she is just fine! It's just one of those days.


No comments:

Post a Comment