Thursday, August 23, 2012

Update: Ellie's Wounds

Good news, the swelling has gone way down on Ellie's front leg! She is still very restful and not interested in getting up from her bed, but when I zippered up my jacket to take her outside, her ears perked right up.

She is not bearing weight on the leg, so my little tri-pod was hobbling around outside, quite eagerly in fact. She even tried to pull me to our usual walk route! I have to carry her up and down the stairs because the vet didn't want her doing stairs.

When we got back inside, I even got Ellie to eat and drink - she must have had an empty belly after over 24 hours of not eating!

Here are some pictures of the wounds:







5 comments:

  1. Geez Ellie you really got nailed. I'm very glad you are feeling a bit more chipper! Sending you lots of healing vibes to keep those wounds uninfected and healing up quick!

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby. We are sending lots of good vibes
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ellie pants! Glad she's feeling better, but sad she got chomped. :(

    Jamie K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor girl! Give her hugs from all of us!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete