Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Vacations, Dog Sitting and Sunny Walks


We've been busy enjoying the sunny weather and haven't posted in a while! Last weekend, Chris and I took a prolonged weekend trip to the Oregon coast. While the hotels we stayed in were pet-friendly, we opted not to bring Ellie because we knew that leaving her alone at the hotel while we go out would be no good. Because she is unfamiliar with new surroundings, I could foresee her crashing into everything and stressing herself out majorly.

So we headed over to Rover.com! I found a grad student dog sitter who was willing to stay at our apartment while we were away and it worked out well! Ellie didn't miss a beat and probably didn't really realize we ever left which was great!

Some pics from our trip:

The beach at Cape Kiwanda
MASSIVE mussels attached to a big rock when the tide was out
We drove 20 miles into town (Pacific City) to get salt water taffy and found this at one of the candy shops!
And one pic of Ellie from our most recent sunny day walk when she just had to crash out in the shade for a minute before we could continue. ;)




2 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great trip! I've never heard of Rover.com, but will definitely check into it for the next time the whole family goes on a trip!

    We've only gone on a "family" vacation once while I've had Riley and that was when she was like 6 months old. I boarded her at the vet, but I would much prefer having someone come stay at the house with her. Luckily, when I travel for trainings and conferences and such, my parents watch Riley.

    Ellie looks pooped in that last pic!! :)

    Yeah, I have no idea what's going on with Riley and all her joint issues...sigh. Hopefully someone can figure it out soon!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. We were thinking about taking a long drive up there.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete