|Photo by Chris|
Unfortunately, I didn't know until we got there that he wasn't allowed to come to the learning sessions with me, it was for "insiders" only. So I guess each of the 9 plus ones would have to hang out on their own all morning of Thursday and Friday until our sessions were over.
Highlights of the trip:
- We got lots of awesome Yahoo! swag and learned a bunch about writing for the web thanks to the author of Yahoo!'s official style guide, Chris Barr. (see photo 1)
- Yahoo! took us to dinner and a Broadway show, "Rock of Ages" which was so great. I've been rocking out to 80s music ever since.
- I got to try lots of different yummy cupcakes and get inspired.
- The weather was beautiful-- oh yeah, except for the part where we got stuck in Hurricane Irene. It poured all night and was windy all day. (see photo 3) Then it went back to being beautiful.
- Our flight on Sunday night was canceled due to the weather. We couldn't get another one out until Tuesday night. We silently delighted in the fact that Irene prolonged our vacation so we could enjoy the rest of New York.
- I woke up early to be on the Today show. Got my 15 seconds of fame! (see photo 4)
- Tuesday's flight was delayed which made us miss the second leg of our flight from Chicago to Seattle, so we were stuck in Chicago for the night. Luckily, Chris's best friend (who plays for the White Sox I might add) lives in Chicago so we stayed at his swanky apartment.
|Photo 1: lots of Yahoo! swag|
|Photo 2: the view from Yahoo!'s 43rd floor|
|Photo 3: Central Park is closed due to Irene!|
|Photo 4: My appearance on the Today show!|
Click here to see more pictures and read about my cupcake experiences in New York.