Monday, August 16, 2010

Ellie Eats Barnacles

We had an awesome Saturday yesterday! Jon and I drove 2 hours south to visit his parents on a beautifully sunny (and HOT) day.

First, we took a short hike to the beach where we looked for sand dollars and shells. Ellie ate a couple of barnacles, and I had no idea what was going on. I would look down and she's crunching on something and licking a rock with barnacles! Strange dog...
Then a wet black lab appeared out of nowhere and Ellie made a new buddy.

We went back to the house and directly to the pool! I have never seen Ellie swim before so we decided that today would be her day :)
So I got in the pool and Jon gently lowered Ellie in, however she clawed and scratched, scared out of her wits, so we took her back out. Oh well, so she's not a swimmer!

The rest of the day, Ellie got lots of ball-playing time and ate a couple of bugs.

Sunday, we headed over to my parents' house. On the way, Jon and I stopped at Dairy Queen and the girl in the drive-through window offered us a doggie cone. "Huh?" I wondered.... "Well sure, I guess!"
Me and mom watching Ellie and Jaxson playing

She handed us a small ice cream cone and I held it back to Ellie at which point her eyes bulged practically out of her head as she licked away at the cone. She LOVED it!

At my mom's she got lots of play time with Jaxson. What a great weekend for Ellie dog!

Ellie is tired!
Please don't forget to vote (once each day) for me - Stacy Wants To Go To BlogPaws!


No comments:

Post a Comment