Friday, August 13, 2010

To Crate or Not to Crate...

So Ellie is what I like to call a frequent vomiter. I suppose she has a sensitive or highly acidic stomach because she throws up at least once per week, and sometimes more.

I have been to the vet multiple times about this. The first time, I got some expensive prescription pills, the second time, they told me to feed her a bland diet of rice and cottage cheese, now they are telling me that it's fine to give her famotidine (Pepcid) daily to reduce the acid activity.

Despite her nightly dosage of meds, she continues to throw up once in a while, including 4 separate piles last night, some of which got on my curtains!

So now I'm thinking of changing two things: her food, and getting a crate.

I'm looking on Craigslist for a crate and they seem to range from $30-$60, but I found a store online where I can get the one I want for about $62. What do you think I should do?

Lastly, anyone got any good resources for first-time crate training? Anything is appreciated, thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment